21 July 2009

The Secret Garden

Living in Dunchideock is similar to being in Paradise. Even if it is raining, what is usual for the last month. It is raining in Dunchideock today, too. Probably my wellies boots are very happy with this kind of weather.

Dunchideock is a small, old village, with the house itself dating from around the 15th century. But, the house as a house is only a house; walls, a ceiling, thatched roof, and a floor. The most important part of the property is the garden: a beautifully fabulous, magical and bewitching place. The garden and the house are surrounded by all kinds of nature including horses, rabbits, deer, pheasants, foxes, and veritable smorgasbords of birds which all emerge silently from the forest, hills, meadows and fields. The scent of life: the scent of a real, simple, rural life.
Dunchideock, the garden of Lyalls Cottage, the nature of South Devon are the inspiration of my new paintings. The new paintings are combination of my observation of the surrounding nature, my imagination, the happiness of creation, painting, experimenting, and transforming that which surrounds me and how I experience it.

Hereby I present my two kind of fantasy landscape arcylic paintings from the series
‘The Secret Garden of Lyalls Cottage’ .


The tree in the Secret Garden of Lyalls Cottage
by Kasia B. Turajczyk
50,8 cm x 40,2cm


The rainbow and the tree in the Secret Garden of Lyalls Cottage
by Kasia B. Turajczyk
50,8 cm x 40,2 cm

No comments: